T.B. Scott Free Library has reopened.
Expanded services include:
- Browsing the shelves for materials will be allowed. Alternatively, curbside pickup is available.
- Computers are available without an appointment.
- Reference and information services are available at the Youth Services and Adult Services desk, by phone (715-536-7191), or by email.
- A public copier is available on the third floor.
- Wireless printing from personal devices is now available.
- Library programs and events remain virtual or are held outdoors.
- Meeting rooms are available for groups of up to 20 and tables and chairs are spaced for physical distancing.
- Face masks are required for vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals entering the Library.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Disposable masks are available if needed.
- Curbside service is still available. Patrons are asked to schedule an appointment at 715-536-7191.
- Cleaning protocols of public use areas are in place.
Hours of service:
- Monday - Thursday: 10am to 6pm
- Friday - Saturday: 10am to 1pm
We are encouraging our patrons to use our website and the tools and resources available there, including eBooks and eAudiobooks, streaming video, digital learning tools, and more through the Wisconsin Digital Library.
Our Hours have changed
We have adjusted our open hours.
New hours starting August 2
Monday - Thursday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 10:00am - 1:00pm
Curbside Pickup Services
T.B. Scott Free Library is providing contactless, curbside pickup of materials.
- Place your holds: Call 715-536-7191 to request materials or place holds through our online catalog. Phones are staffed Monday - Thursday: 10am - 6pm and Friday - Saturday: 10am - 1pm. After hours messages will be returned the next working day.
- Schedule a time for pickup: Call 715-536-7191 to arrange an appointment for pickup or call us from your vehicle. Upon scheduling, we will need a description of your vehicle.
- Pickup: Park near the entrance. Alternative arrangements will be made if you don’t have a vehicle. If you have arranged a pickup time in advance, you may notify us when you arrive if you have a cell phone by calling 715-536-7191. A staff member will be awaiting your arrival at the designated time.
- Collect your items: A staff member will bring out your checked-out materials. With your vehicle window closed, we ask that you or whomever is picking up your materials present the library card in the window of the vehicle to verify that we are giving the materials to the correct person. We will then place the bag of materials in front of your stall. Or if you’d prefer, you may open your trunk and we can place your items there. In this way, we are ensuring social distancing.
- Due date(s): Each curbside check-out of library materials includes a check-out slip with due dates for each item. Lost the slip? Patrons may also check when their materials are due by signing-in to their V-Cat library accounts.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we begin to provide services in a new way that is safe for everyone. Wait times may be longer than usual, and you may occasionally need to leave a message while we are helping other patrons. We will return your call as soon as possible.
We look forward to seeing you at a safe distance soon!
Note: If you are sick, please stay home. Do not come to the library to pick up your materials.
In Wisconsin State Parks: Extraordinary Stories of Geology and Natural History, science writer Scott Spoolman takes readers with him to twenty-eight state parks and forests where evidence of the state’s striking geology and natural history is on display.
Tuesday, September 21
Library Card Sign-Up Month
Sign up for a library card and find something wonderful at your library! From virtual Storytime to audibooks to DIY classes, there is something for everyone. Happy Library Card Sign-up Month!
We offer curbside pickup. Give us a call.